<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7421522628426216738?origin\x3dhttp://jackie-ng.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
.Tuesday, May 6, 2008 ' 10:45 PM Y
Pon & Zi...

So basically, as the title of this post says, I'm going to talk about what I've come across after the completion of my UIR Practical 1 & 2.
No doubt, the Internet is a very powerful tool for research, but yes, from what I've learnt, it's also a powerful tool for commiting crimes. Well, you see, the topic I chose for my portfolio is, to discuss the impact of terrorism on the world economy. A little pertaining to crimes, but unfortunately, not to the Internet directly.

Alright, so I'll say, upon finishing both practicals, I've learnt quite a bit about the resources available on the Internet, ranging from discussion forums to electronic journals. Well, I'm going to share a piece of informative article with you people that is on the topic of my research itself.
Before reading, I'll say, not for those who hate lengthy stuffs.

Here's the url of it,
http://ksghome.harvard.edu/~aabadie/twe.pdf

This article basically inform the readers of how terrorism affects the world economy, and I'll say its not very outdated on the current situation, since it was done up during August 2007, which is only a few months back. It provides a detailed explanation of why, people argued that terrorism does not have a great impact on the world economy, one reason being, terrorist attacks only destory a small fraction of the stock of capital of a country. A simple model (as stated, but it doesn't look any simple to me, in fact, I don't understand a bit of it) is also included in the article, using mathematical equations to show how greatly terrorism affects the world economy.

Well, thats as far as my attention span could get me to, for the rest of the article, feel free to explore it on your own if you guys (and girls) want to. I just couldn't concentrate anymore upon seeing those funny equations where it seemed Greek to me. Yeah.

Well stay tuned to my blog, I'll be updating more on terrorism! Cheers.







Me :)Y

Jackie Ng Kian Hui
Sagittarius
14thDecember1989
Temasek Polytechnic
Diploma in Information Technology

FAVORS,
black
white
purple
friends
sleep
bowling
JAPAN!

HATES,
irritance
betrayal
irresponsibility

HAS,
sweet tooth
bad temper


Tag me :) Y




Now playing :) Y

Hmm, no songs for now. Too bad. (:

Links :)Y

My LJ

Grace
Grace's Site Feed

Tilynn
Tilynn's Site Feed

Lihua
Lihua's Site Feed

Daryl
Daryl's Site Feed

Shu Ting
Shu Ting's Site Feed

Romano
Romano's Site Feed

Yanglin
Yanglin's Site Feed