<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7421522628426216738?origin\x3dhttp://jackie-ng.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
.Wednesday, May 28, 2008 ' 12:22 AM Y
Pon & Zi...

Hmm. I guess many of you have heard of the website, www.talkingcock.com. Well, this website is basically a Singapore humour site, discussing issues of Singapore in many different aspects, all they all serve to entertain readers. It has been debated in the parliament of Singapore before, due to the content that the website has. Basically, it trys to create humour using Singapore's happenings, such as the escape of Jemaah Islamiyah Singapore network leader, Mas Selamat. They created a game on that issue, on the basis of Pacman, which they name it as Pac Mat, keep "pac" from the original name and "mat" from Mas Selamat.

Hmm, we were asked to explore this website in depth, and try to evaluate this site. For me, I think that the website is appropriately designed, with a disclaimer/agreement with the user that the content is purely satirical and humorous. Which means that it was created solely to entertain. As for the overall outlook of the website, they categorize content into relevant groups, with articles under a category, and jokes under another. The outlook was quite organized, although it appears to be a little wordy when you enter the site.

Well, we had to choose a role from being

· Singapore’s Prime Minister
· A Singaporean
· A Foreigner working / studying in Singapore

and we have to give the appropriate reactions for the roles we chose.

Hmm, interesting, well, being a Singaporean, I'll take up the simplest role of being an average Singaporean, and I must say, as not all Singaporeans are pleased with the government's way of handling issues, this site would serve as amusement/entertainment for them. Also, this website provides a forums, which I've went into for further venture. I must say, the forum is quite active, with Singaporeans discussing not only jokes available on the site, but also, formal issues such as the new ERP gantries being implemented.

Alright, that ends my venture for www.talkingcock.com, got more things to update on.

Hmm, we were given feedback for our wiki pages. Most of the feedbacks were our wiki pages were not as lengthy as compared to other classes. But there's a point I must address, is quantity something to take into measure, when quality is already there? Well, I suppose I'll leave it for you all to decide. We were supposed to give a summary and evaluation of the resource, somehow, summary turns into a detailed description/explanation, which oversees the purpose of summarising.

Anyway, as I'm doing on the topic, to discuss on the impact of terrorism on world economy, my resource happened to be an article that is explaining on my topic. So, someone please teach me how to elaborate mathematical equations which I strongly believe is higher than A Levels Mathematics in words? Your help is greatly appreciated. Oh yes, in my own words too.

Alright, I gotta go try deciphering the mathematical formulae now. Wish me luck! Till then!







Me :)Y

Jackie Ng Kian Hui
Sagittarius
14thDecember1989
Temasek Polytechnic
Diploma in Information Technology

FAVORS,
black
white
purple
friends
sleep
bowling
JAPAN!

HATES,
irritance
betrayal
irresponsibility

HAS,
sweet tooth
bad temper


Tag me :) Y




Now playing :) Y

Hmm, no songs for now. Too bad. (:

Links :)Y

My LJ

Grace
Grace's Site Feed

Tilynn
Tilynn's Site Feed

Lihua
Lihua's Site Feed

Daryl
Daryl's Site Feed

Shu Ting
Shu Ting's Site Feed

Romano
Romano's Site Feed

Yanglin
Yanglin's Site Feed